Wednesday, June 08, 2005

American Honkey-Tonk Bar Association

Well I think I am going to add a new feature to this blog I so adore. I think from now on the title of each entry will be the title of song. Hopefully it will have something to do with what I will be talking about, but you guys know me and my love of tangeants. So I don't want to hear any complaining when I name a blog "Hey DJ" and I just finished rambling about fish for the entire entry. Unless of course I am telling you about my hatred for Club DJ's here in Canada and how I fight the urge to smack said DJ's over the head with a raw fish everytime I visit one of these fine establishments! Then of course it will all make sense.

And my weekend, well it was interesting. I found myself at my cowboy cousin's country (alliteratioon, pretty impressive huh?) wedding. How can I describe it to you, hmmm, I have two things that should give you a pretty good idea at least. 1) The actual ceremony took place in an dingy old curling rink with old Co-Op and Esso signs hanging around everyewhere, with a small stage and some flowers around the stage. Immediately after the ceremony, everyone rushed right to the bar which was conveniantly stage right, in the same rink. 2) The mother of the groom showed up to the ceremony more than inebriated and proceeded to hoot and holler (Arsenio Hall style, no arm action though) throughout the whole process. So yah good times!! I actually did get to visit with my cousin and his new bride a bit, so it was still good.

Slurpee - Pepsi, hey its one of the last days I can drink them, back off!

Music - Zero 7, both albums Simple Things and When it Falls are both downtempo/triphop classics. They have not left my player in two years plus, I can't even recommend a single song, get the albums!

Movie - Grosse Pointe Blank, one of my all-time favourites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home