Sunday, June 12, 2005

Parklife (Blur)

Some of you smart lil' devils picked up on this right away with the slurpee comment last time, but alas I have relocated again. This time I have managed to stay in the country where I now find myself living in Lake Louise. Since I was a kid I have had posters of the Rocky Mountains adorning my walls and now I finally find myself living here. I share a townhouse with two others, I look out my front window to see the Lake Louise ski hill, and the yard backs out directly onto the river and hiking trails of the valley, can you say convenience!! As for my job, I'm working in a mountain sports shop selling bikes and coordinating runs and adventure races for them. I haven't played in a playground since I was 8...until now!

The other great thing about the job is that I only work Monday to Thrusdays every week, I have every weekend off to play host if any of you are planning a mountain getaway for a weekend. And for doing all of these cool things, I am getting paid more money than I could ever find with a job in Saskatoon. So all in all I think this move has been worth it so far. Let's see now that means since January of this year I have been in China, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Canada (Vancouver, S'toon, and now Lake Louise in Banff National Park). Your mission should you accept it, set the odds and place bets among each other on whether you think I can manage to stay put here for a while. I'd say the easy money is yes!

Music: Groove Armada - Another Late Night compilation album, wicked lounge tunes!

Slurpees: NONE, there are no slurpee machines here, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ramble: One drawback of the Rocky Mountains in spring, the wet poo decaying can be pretty ripe in some areas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home