Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hitchin' A Ride (Green Day)

Will the rain ever stop here!!! A new record has was already set last week here in Banff/Lake Louise as the rainiest month ever. And that was 11 days left to go in the month still. I have been fairly lucky to get decent days for my days off...except for today.

So Thursday I slept in and missed my day of fly fishing so I decided I needed to get some groceries for the next few weeks. Taking some others advice I decided to hitchhike from LL into Canmore, well at first it was just going to be Banff but I got picked up by two girls that were going to Canmore, so I conveniently changed my mind to Canmore. It was my first time hitching ever, another new experience in my life, and you know what I have a natural talent for this as well. Cuz on the way back, I was picked up again by a car full of three French girls!! Good on me!!!

So what did I do Friday then you ask. I went hiking with some of the above mentioned girls! Yah good on me again!! Our day hike turned into an epic journey though, leaving from West Louise, we hiked 10km to the end of a mountian valley, along a lake, up a waterfall, through an alpine meadow. Not to be outdone, we decided 10km wasn't enough and decided to scramble staright up the side of one of the mountains surrounding us where we ate lunch. Trails, who needs trails! Little were we thinking about the way back down the mountain and the 10km hike back out of the valley, and all of this in rental boots that are too narrow for my feet. Good times are not to be had for my little toes on both feet. One of the poor digits even has a big blister on both the top and bottom.

Slurpees: YAH I found them!@!! At the Petro-Can on the side of the highway, SLURPEES! I can really feel it now, the stars are coming into alignment!

Music: Gotta be Coldplay, there are two phenomenal songs on their new album, Til Kingdom Come, and Fix You.

Hmmm...If you could be a transformer, what would you morph into???

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger SCRUM SPORTS said...

Hey sorry I just got your post now, and the long weekend is almost over. I didn't do much last night but went out Thursday night instead. What you doing? I have to work tomorrow so I'm stuck out here for the night. I'm going to Saskatoon next weekend, taking the bus in Thursday night. Whats your plans for the next few weekends, we definitely have to get together and throw back a beer or 12.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home