Thursday, November 03, 2005

Music Was Saved - Starsailor

Well today is my birthday, I would like to thank all of you for the well wishes that I have received today in my email inbox, a whopping total 2, now take away the two I sent myself so that I wouldn't feel bad, I guess the real total is none, zero, zilch.

So how do I know I am getting old? Well every time I go into a record store or look at the upcoming CD releases, I have to search and scour just to find one or two that I would even think about purchasing. Case in point I seached through the upcoming releases through December, there were exactly two mixed in with the endless "rap crap" and pop balladeer releases. One being by Starsailor, and to my surprise I discovered that The Philosopher Kings are coming out with a new CD in November, I guess cartoon pop/dance music and phony new solo monikers didn't work out in their favour. Anyways I will relish new music by one those great bands that go on "hiatus" for what 7 or 8 years. I guess this fall hasn't been too bad on me though I have been blessed by new great albums from Tracy Chapman, David Gray,The Cardigans and Ivy, and well a truly horrible new album by a re-worked Morcheeba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home