Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Futures - Zero 7


Ahhh paradise!!

Clean air, beaches, big city downtown, multi cultural people and food, cars that stop for people to cross the roads at crosswalks, a person couldn't go to a better place after leaving China. Friendly peopleeverywhere, taxi drivers that crack jokes and converse instead of devising plans inside their heads of how to milk every last kuai out of your pocket and leave you for dead on the side of the road. People that smile and say hi as you walk down the road wishing (or in some instances doing) they could hit you over the head with a beer bottle. I have been here for 6 days now and after living the last five months in a permanently depressed I have found myself walking the streets with a perma-smile on my face. It has also helped that I have been here with my old mate Simon and my girlfriend Keiko, who just left today back to Japan. I couldn't think of a better time, of course unless Bill Cosby come over with an inflatable pool filled with Jello pudding and a contingent of female mud, I mean pudding, wrestlers!

In the past few days I have found myself having drinks at a rooftop bar on the 71st floor of the tallest building in Singapore, eating fantabulous food in Little India, seeing the new Superman movie, hanging out on the beaches of Sentosa Island, pilfering the downtown big city shopping, hanging out eating and drinking on the old european style waterfront quays, or standing on the most southern point of continental mainland asia (163km north of the equator). This city has absolutely everything, it didn't take me long to remember why I loved this place so much the first time I was here! The future looks bright indeed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home