Sunday, August 07, 2005

Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson

So I have always known, and been told by others, that my head is filled with useless information.

This never became clearer to me now than it did the other day. The story was that I was on a bus going to the Shuswap Lake in BC, to meet my cousin and her friends at the cabin. On the bus, I was of course listening to my trusty Ipod with the songs randomly being chosen. Now everyone has a pretty eclectic taste in music but sometimes I can be a bit kooky. The next song was Never Ever by the All Saints. This group was a two hit wonder over in these parts of the world, fronted by four gorgeous girls. So sitting alone at the back of the bus at least five or six years after this song was a hit, I wondered to myself what the names of the girls were, and wouldn't you know I could name all four of them, Shaznay Lewis, Nicole and Natalie Appleton and Melanie Blatt.

I figure there has got to be some kind of career in the world where I can put all of this crap in my head to use. If you know of anything please let me know.

So why the title Banana Pancakes? I just wanted something as inconsequential as the time I just wasted off my life my thinking of these faded pop stars.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home