Sunday, July 30, 2006

The World at Large - Modest Mouse

Question of the Day: Where can you trade in $50 and get 290,000 in return?
Answer: Indonesia

On Friday I had to leave Singapore to renew my visa, where to go, what to do, so many options so little time! I could have taken a bus across the border to Malaysia, a train to Kuala Lumpur, or do as I did, a ferry to the Indonesian Island, where you get almost 300G's for $50. And with that 330G's I was able to purchase taxi rides to and from the ferry terminal, a cheap hotel room, dinner and breakfast, as well as about 10 drinks throughout the day. Quite the deal if you ask me!

Still even after these years abroad, it still blows my mind to be able to say that I went to Indonesia for the night. Even if the island kind of sucked cuz I went there on a whim without knowing a single thing about the island, where to go sleep, or what to see, and even if I did take the ferry to wrong part of the island and got stuck in the dirty and dark city center all night...it was all part of the fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home