Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Heatseeker - AC/DC

Let me tell you about a conversation I had the other week with the friendly lady at the Thai restaraunt I goto all the time at the local food hawker center. It went something like this:

Me: Pappaya Salad today.
Lady: You want it spicy?
Me: Of course
Lady: How spicy, a little spicy, spicy, or Tony Jaa spicy?
Me: What's Tony Jaa spicy?
Lady: Oh its spicy!
Me: Oh what the hell, let me try some Tony.
The lady smiled a devilishly evil crooked grin and I knew right there I was in for a world of hurt. Needless to say I could barely eat half of the plate before I went up to the counter returning my plate all red faced, with tears streaming down my face.
Me: What the hell did you put in this?
Lady: Its Tony Jaa! (stone faced, like I am supposed to know who the hell Tony Jaa is)
Me: But last time I got it spicy and it was good.
Lady: Ya, last time I only put 3 chilis in it. (the side dish salad is on an oval shaped saucer plate)
Me: And how many did you put in this time?
Lady: 6
Me: Jesus are you trying to kill me!
Lady: I told you its Tony Jaa.
Me: Well fuck you Tony Jaa!!

Smiling and laughing she sent me on my way, but I still didn't know who the hell Tony Jaa was. A few days later I was walking through a shopping center and I seen a movie poster for a Thai film called The Protector, and it starred guess who...Tony Jaa. He is one of those shit kicking asian action movie stars. You know the ones that I'm talking about...the ones that beat you senseless and then ask you to pass the salt! And if you dare to ask what he did that for, he ro-sham-bo's you and says "don't fuck with the jesus".

So that's the story of Tony Jaa, so if anyone ever mentions Tony Jaa to you in the future...RUN! Cuz either they are going to mess you up, or your food is going to be so spicy that you won't leave the toilet for a full day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home