Thursday, August 18, 2005

Remember - Air

I struggle with China withdrawl, as many of you already know.

Its hard not to reminisce about a country where you get .75 cent dvd's and .40 cent beers. Let alone rent a taxi for a day $30 and drive all over the city and countryside, or just stop in for a hair wash and massage for $3.

I have a great group of friends over there, like I do back home as well, but that country was such a huge part of an integral growing process for me, that it is impossible for me to look back at the country in a bad light. So on the days I feel like I really need to return I look at this picture of Guangzhou in the winter, when there are no rains to wash away the pollution. Then I compare it to one of the Rocky Mountains where I am living now. But then again you can turn the gloom into fun by throwing a pollution party like we have done on more than one occasion in my past days in China.

Chivas and Green Tea anyone???

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger SCRUM SPORTS said...

Like sands in the hour glass, these are the days of our lives...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home